Monday, June 15, 2009

NOLA here we come!!!

Mom, Dad, Frank, and I took the boys to New Orleans for the day. It's nice to live close enough to make a day trip. The boys were WORN OUT afterward, but I think they had quite a fun time. We started off at the zoo. (Actually we had pancakes at the McDs in Brookhaven first, but who's counting!) Caden was super excited about seeing all of the animals. He's always enjoyed learning about animals and their sounds. He wasn't a big fan of the hat, but I've got very white children, so we must take all of the proper precautions!! :) It was also hot as who-da-thunk that day!!!!
Ah, the smell of elephants in the morning!! Refreshing!
Remember when I said it was hot??? Mom would periodically let the boys enjoy a portable fan. They LOVED it, and we all got a good laugh out of the fact that mom actually brought fans with us!
Caden and Grayson ADORE their Papa!! He would pretty much win out against anyone in their minds (including Frank and I!).
Grayson was HOT, but he was a tropper. I think he had a good time, but how do you really know with a 15 month old?? He did like when we let him out of the stroller to run around. He's our little busy body!!
Caden was super pumped about riding the "carous-wheel". First he wanted to ride the elephant, and he had a ball!!
I love carousels!! They are so happy...they speak to a simpler time. But I digress!!
Then the zoo had the fabulous misting fans. In this pic the boys are all standing under one of them. You can see it in the very top right corner of the picture.
Mommy and Daddy with Caden. Have I mentioned yet that it was HOT!!!
The big boys went on the train ride around the zoo. Caden loved it and told mom and I all about it when they were done.
In the meantime, Grayson was tired and HUNGRY, so mom and I went to find the boys something to eat. We call Grayson "Linus" because he LOVES his blanket. The only time that he sucks his thumb is when he has his blanket. It is so cute!
After the train ride, Caden talked Papa into one more ride on the "Carous-wheel" because this time he wanted to ride on a lion. I think a good time was had by all!!

No comments: