Monday, April 1, 2013

Pre-Op Eve...

This day has seemed so far off for so long, but now it is upon us.  Tomorrow is the day that we go for Caden's pre-op appointment.  But more importantly, it's the day we tell Caden about his upcoming surgery.  We have waited until the last possible moment to share this with Caden on purpose.  He is such a tender little one that we wanted to guard him from it as long as we could.  We will share the news with him in the morning before we go in for his appointment.  Please pray that his nerves would not get the best of him.  Bless his precious self, he is a bit of a worrier, so we pray that will be minimal!
As of right now the plan is to go ahead with open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve on Monday, April 8.  We will know more after our appointment tomorrow, so I will be sure to update. 
As always, your prayers are GREATLY appreciated as we walk this road with our sweet Caden.  We serve a Mighty God, and we rest in the knowledge that Caden is in His care and protection!
Joshua 1:9

1 comment:

Connie Ware said...

We are praying for all of you, I know this is a difficult time for
Parents as they find the right words to explain it all to him.
I pray that God will lead You through this day and the days ahead.
We continue to lift up your sweet son and we ask for God's complete healing and perfect care for you all.
Connie Ware