Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Filling the Freezer...

Caden likes to perch in the rocking chair in the play room. I think he likes it because he can observe most of the goings on of the house from there. He likes to be in the middle of things!! We have had lots of fun putting up veggies this summer. We hope to have a garden of our own ready to go for next year. For this year, the farmer's market had to suffice. I got a few pics of some of our work.
Yummy Cantaloupe...
Mmmm...peaches. These always make me think of my great grandmother, "Thatmama." She always made peach preserves. Don't you just love how certain smells can just bring back such vivid memories. The smell of fresh peaches makes me think of wicker peach baskets on the table of her house in Cleveland. I remember going to stay with Thatmama and Dean when I was little. It was so much fun!!!
Here is some spaghetti sauce, twice baked potatoes, pink eyed peas, and snap beans. We also put up field peas. Frank is especially excited about having the veggies into the winter.
Loved the color of these blanched beans. I also love the fresh smell they leave in the kitchen. It is just a part of summer in the south!

No comments: