Saturday, June 21, 2008

Consignment toys...

I have no idea why I have ever bought new toys for Caden. He is always far more delighted with Clearance priced items or things that I have bought at consignment sales. For example, I bought this Fisher Price Little People barn at a consignment sale for around $7. It's been in the garage for a couple of months, because I couldn't decide if it was still a little mature for him (a.k.a. lots of pieces!!). Well, he spotted it the other day and took it upon himself to drag the big bag into the kitchen. It's his new favorite!! It's really fun. Every animal has a "spot" in the barn that makes that animal's sound. Caden loves matching the animal to the sound. Then he takes them all out and does it again. Literally HOURS of fun!!
Play time...

Check out all of the stuff that came with it!!

I was rocking Grayson the other night in the recliner, and Caden decided that he needed some Mommy time too. So he climbed right up and snuggled in with us!! I treasure these days that my boys want to snuggle up with Mama...they are already FLYING by!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Funny you post this. I was JUST talking to Tara about how much Wesley loves his Target dollar bin toys SOOO much more than the expensive stuff. Weird how a few plastic farm animals can hold his attn. for so long. Go figure. I won't complain. :)

The Hanes said...

iI hear ya about the toys. Seems like Katie enjoys stuff like paper and straws over the expensive light up stuff. Love the picture of you and the boys.