Friday, March 7, 2008

Doctor Days are here again...

First of all, let me just say it is SOOO COLD outside!!! Today was my first day to be able to drive and have no activity restrictions (i.e. picking up Caden!), so I felt like a bird let out of the cage. We started the day by taking Caden to school...it was great to get to see some of my teacher buddies!!
Then Frank and I took Grayson to see Dr. Flowers for his 2 week appointment. Everything looked great with my little bird legs!! For those of you who know (or at least can conjure up a good visual image of) Frank and I, you will find the following percentile rankings of our child quite humorous:
Weight: 6 lbs. 12 oz. : 8th percentile
Length: 20 1/4 inches: 95th percentile
Whose child is this???? LOVE IT!
Then as the day wore on, it was time for Frank to report in to work. This weekend is the youth garage sale, so it is QUITE busy for sweet Frank! When the time arrived, I went to pick Caden up from school. We got in the van and I noticed that he was still doing the wheeze/cough thing he'd been doing the night before, and I didn't like it one bit. So, I called the doctor, and I was told that there were no appointments and to call the after hours clinic. I hung up the phone and thought, "No, he needs to be seen." So I called back...for those of you who know me, you know that this is SOOO not me!! I am a rule follower, and I don't like to be the exception...but I did not want to end up in the hospital like we did in November when we has this very same cough. I talked to the nurse, and she said that Dr. Flowers would work us in...FABULOUS!!! Caden is now on his 3rd 10 day round of antibiotics in a row, oral steroids, and breathing treatments every 3 hours...even through the night. No sleep for Em tonight, but that's totally okay...my babies are definitely worth it!!
I saw this on another blog, and absolutely fell in love with this song. It just really speaks to my heart, and I wanted to share it with my blog readers. I pray that you will all (if you haven't already) find that same hiding place!!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Girl, I'm glad they sqreezed you in! We don't like hospital admissions of our frioends!!! We want healthy babies :)

Cammie said...

I know the feeling! We went to the dr twice this week. Ears, throat, nose. We did the breathing treatment thing and it was tedious but I think it helped. You can take a puff of it too. Ha!